Chime is for learning-disabled young people aged 14 - 25.
We hold taster sessions, regular weekly training and skills-focused holiday programmes.
Returning after lockdown
CHIME sessions return to the theatre in our fully accessible Walker Studio on Tuesday 18 May from 4.30 - 6.30pm.
For more information on how to join please contact Maria Thelwell.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 07843 991504
Come for a free taster or just to say hello and see what we do!
Cost: £5 per session (first session free)
Summer Holiday Programme
Thursday 29 and Friday 30 July
11 - 3pm
Cost: £10 per day
Please bring a packed lunch and wear comfy clothes to move around in. We'll be singing, dancing and creating pieces of musical theatre inspired by everything Circus!
When and where?
- Regular weekly training takes place on Tuesdays in term-time from 4.30pm - 6.30pm
- Skills-focused longer days in the holidays
- All sessions take place at Theatre Royal Wakefield in The Walker Studio which is fully accessible. To learn more about our accessibility feature, visit our accessibility information page.
What can I expect?
- Musical skill-building activities, led by professional artists and musicians
- A light-hearted, sociable environment
- You will be learning popular songs, developing percussion skills, making up new music, practising instruments and singing
- You will get the chance to work towards Arts Award Discover and Explore
- A chance to meet new people, practise skills and have some structured fun
- A support worker will be in session but if you need one to one support, you can attend with your support worker
Who is it for?
• An accessible programme for learning disabled young people aged 14 - 25
• No previous experience necessary
• Must be interested in music making and theatre or performance
Interested in Chime?
For more information or to book for the regular weekly training or holiday programmes, contact our Chime Project Manager, Maria.
Chime is generously supported by the Youth Music Fund.