Chime is musical theatre training for learning-disabled young people aged 14 - 25.
We hold taster sessions, regular weekly training and skills-focused holiday programmes.
Sessions run Tuesdays during term time in our fully accessible Walker Studio
For more information on how to join please contact Gavin Leonard.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01924 211311
or complete our sign up form HERE
Come for a free taster or just to say hello and see what we do!
Cost: £5 per session (first session free)
When and where?
- Regular weekly training takes place on Tuesdays in term-time from 4.30pm - 6.30pm
- Skills-focused longer days in the holidays
- All sessions take place at Theatre Royal Wakefield in The Walker Studio which is fully accessible. To learn more about our accessibility features, visit our accessibility information page.
What can I expect?
- Musical skill-building activities, led by professional artists and musicians
- A light-hearted, sociable environment
- You will be learning popular songs, developing percussion skills, making up new music, practising instruments and singing
- A chance to meet new people, practise skills and have some structured fun
- A support worker will be in session but if you need one to one support, you can attend with your support worker
Who is it for?
• An accessible programme for learning disabled young people aged 14 - 25
• No previous experience necessary
• Must be interested in music and performance
Interested in Chime?
For more information or to book for the regular weekly training or holiday programmes, contact Gavin.
Chime is generously supported by Creative Minds.