Chime is weekly musical theatre training for young people with learning disabilities, aged 12-25.
Sessions run Tuesdays during term time in our fully accessible Walker Studio
For more information on how to join please contact Gavin Leonard.
email: email@example.com or telephone: 01924 211311
or complete our sign up form HERE
Come for a free taster or just to say hello and see what we do!
Cost: £5 per session (first session free)
When and where?
- From September 2023, Chime One (ages 12-16) will meet 5:30pm-7:00pm on a Tuesday
- From September 2023, Chime Two (ages 16-25) will meet 4:00pm-5:30pm on a Tuesday
- There are some extra rehearsals in February as the group prepare for an onstage performance
- All sessions take place at Theatre Royal Wakefield in The Walker Studio which is fully accessible. To learn more about our accessibility features, visit our accessibility information page.
“I’m getting better at pitching [singing in tune] and tempo [singing in time]”
What can I expect?
- We develop movement, singing and drama skills through musical theatre and popular song.
- Chime is a chance to meet new people, practise skills and have some fun!
- This is a training programme with a chance for you to showcase your performance skills. Our weekly group have an annual showcase performance on our main stage.
- A support worker will be in session but if you need one-to-one support, you can attend with your own support worker
“I enjoyed singing and dancing at the same time, it gives me lots of energy”
Who is it for?
• An accessible programme for young people with learning disabilities, aged 12-16 (Chime One) and 16-25 (Chime Two)
• No previous experience necessary but you must be interested in music and performance
“Thank you very much for great show tonight. Everyone was brilliant. I was so proud of [our daughter]. She looked so confident and so happy on the stage”.
Interested in Chime?
For more information or to book for the regular weekly training, contact Gavin.