Welcome back to Theatre Royal Wakefield
We can’t wait to welcome you back to your local theatre. Whilst we’ve been closed, we’ve taken time to ensure the safety of all our staff, artists, audiences and participants.
Our team have undertaken an extensive risk assessment in respect of COVID-19. The mitigations that we have put into our risk assessment have been guided by the Government Guidance in respect of venues, alongside advice from UK Theatre and other relevant bodies.
This page shows our current information about how we can all keep safe as we return to enjoying live performances. We’ll keep it up to date and we will contact audiences before your visit.
- If you have any symptoms of coronavirus or a high temperature, please do not attend and ticket holders should contact us within 24 hours to arrange a credit or refund.
You can contact our Box Office via phone on 01924 211 311 or email.
- We are encouraging all those visiting Theatre Royal Wakefield to wear a face covering, if they can. This will help everyone to feel comfortable accessing our building.
- We encourage visitors to please check in using the NHS QR code with the NHS COVID-19 app. If you don’t have the app, you can check in with our Box Office team.
- We have hand sanitiser points for you to use around the whole building. We also encourage visitors to wash their hands regularly.
- We will carry out enhanced cleaning between performances and will maintain ventilation levels in the auditorium.
- We’ve moved to e-tickets that can be printed at home or you can show them on your mobile phone when entering the auditorium. We’ve done this to reduce contact between our audiences and front of house volunteers and staff, as a way to keep everyone safe.
We remain committed to making sure Theatre Royal Wakefield is accessible to everyone. Tell us about your access needs or if you need any support through our Box Office via phone on 01924 211 311 or email.
Here at Theatre Royal Wakefield, we have really missed our audiences and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon. We thank you all for your support while we have been closed.