Tom Allen is proud to be from suburbia, so proud in fact that he still lives there with his parents. He loves everything about regional Britain, and he knows it better than most, having travelled the nations and regions as a stand up. Now he’s heading off around the country again to celebrate his favourite places… and this time he’s here in Wakefield. Come and join him and friends for a special, one night only performance recorded for Channel 4.
This performance is stritcly for over 18's - If you're lucky enough to look under 18, ID will be required when entering the auditorium.
Do you have anything at home you have been thinking of selling / taking to a charity shop? Got any unusual preloved items that you think could do with re homing? Or perhaps you feel you have the perfect item that embodies Wakefield?
If so let us know! Tom Allen is looking for a souvenir to take home with him from Wakefield, and is on the hunt for something a bit more special than a magnet and a postcard. The more unusual the better!
He will also be looking to help others by doing swaps with their items in the theatre, so please do let us know if there is anything you are in need of!
If you want to get involved? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of the item you would like to get rid of / description of what you would like to swap it for!
*PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET*
Terms & Conditions
1) By participating in this television recording, you are agreeing to allow any broadcaster the right to use the footage and giving them clearance throughout the world in perpetuity.
2) These tickets are complimentary and therefore not for resale and are non-transferable.
3) The ticket holder is strictly forbidden from taking photographs, video or any footage in the theatre (e.g. by using any mobile phone). Digital/tape recorders, radios and other forms of recording equipment are not to be taken into the theatre.
4) By participating in this television recording you agree not to make to any third party (including, without limitation, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any such other social networks that exist or may come into existence) any statement or supply any information or photograph relating to the Programme.
5) Please note that Theatre Royal Wakefield will not pass on any of your personal details from this application to anyone other than the producers of the show, Rumpus Media, for the purposes of this show.
6) The Production Company, Rumpus Media, hereby expressly exempts and will not be responsible for any loss or damage to property or personal injury howsoever arising occurring to the ticket holder when at the location. The Production Company and Theatre Royal Wakefield reserves in its absolute discretion the sole right to refuse admission to any person, to cancel the performance without notice to the ticket holder and without liability to the ticket holder and to alter times of commencement and completion of recording without incurring liability. Advance notice of any such changes will be given where possible via email. There is also no reimbursement or compensation for loss of wages and/or any travel expenses due to show cancellation and/or non-entrance into the venue/studio/location.
7) Ticket holders are asked to strictly follow directions, Health & Safety information given to them at any time by the employees of The Production Company and Theatre Royal Wakefield.
8) People with disabilities and/or restricted mobility should call the theatre to make prior arrangements for their health, safety and welfare and accompanied by a competent helper. Please note: due to some special effects for various programmes it is necessary to use synthetic smoke. Please note strobe lighting may also be used during some recordings/transmissions.
9) All guests/artists are subject to change and/or cancellation.
10) Due to the nature of some programming there is a minimum age requirement 18.
11) For security reasons it is under the venue’s discretion to carry out bag or searches on individuals before permitting entry into the Venue.