In on the Act is Theatre Royal Wakefield’s training programme for young people aged 18-30 years who want to make theatre.
In on the Act meet to devise and create new theatre, enhance and develop performance skills and perform scripted work led by a professional director and facilitator.
What you can expect from this group?
- The opportunity to explore your passion for theatre
- Professional experience of making shows
- See your work come to life
- Meet other young people who want to make theatre
Who is it for?
We are looking for dynamic young people from a range of backgrounds to develop performance skills, tell stories and learn from other theatre-makers. The group is suitable for college leavers, undergraduates or those that may not have had any formal theatre training but have had experience with a youth theatre.
When and where do the sessions take place?
- Regular sessions will take place on Wednesday evenings from 6pm-9pm in The Walker Studio
- There will be extra occasional sessions during daytimes, further weekday evenings or weekends – particularly in the lead up to a performance
- Each term will last around twelve weeks
The full price fee for a twelve-week term is £120 which breaks down as £10 per session or £3.34 per hour. Students have a special rate of £60 per term. We are able to provide financial support to a limited number of participants.
How do I join?
Ready to join In on the Act?
Contact Gavin if you need any further information.