Theatre Royal Wakefield is located on the Drury Lane/Westgate crossroads in the centre of the newly designated Wakefield cultural quarter. Just a two minute walk from Westgate Train Station (located across the road) and on the route of the Free City Bus that runs regularly throughout the day and night.
From M1 Southbound
- Leave the M1 at Junction 41 and follow the signs for Wakefield (Joining the A650).
- Continue across every roundabout until you reach the Newton Hill Roundabout, take the third exit signposted Wakefield (A61). Continue straight down this road until you reach the centre of Wakefield.
- With Wakefield College on your right (and County Hall on your left) follow the road staying in the left hand lane.
- This is Drury Lane. Theatre Royal Wakefield is located at the bottom of this road.
From M1 Northbound
- Leave the M1 at Junction 39 and follow signs for Wakefield A636.
- At the fifth roundabout (Sainsbury’s to your right) go straight forward up the hill with the Royal Mail sorting office on your left.
- In approximately 100 yards as road bears right, turn left in front of the Bull & Fairhouse pub.
- Follow this road and bear sharp right up the hill to traffic lights.
- At the crossroads you will see Theatre Royal Wakefield opposite.